- 18 years of age or older
- Live or work in Massachusetts
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED, HiSET, etc)
- Lived experience with significant life impacts like trauma, receiving a mental health diagnosis, and/or substance use
- Willingness to share your story in the context of peer support
Tips on references: Two references are required.
We encourage you to request references as soon as you receive the reference email. Some applicants request references from more than two people to insure they are done by no later than 2 business days before the interview date.
References should be from professionals who know you: Describing your professional experience and or your work ethics related to your involvement in Peer work. Potential references include employers, volunteers, supervisors, educators, or other people that know you professionally. We are interested in your ability to form supportive relationships and any experience you have with peer support. We expect one of the references to be from a Certified Peer Specialist. Family members may not provide recommendations. Recommendations from treatment providers detailing your “mental health diagnosis” and treatment are discouraged.
- COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION HERE– –After you submit the application, you will get an email from “The Kiva Centers” with a link to schedule an interview. (Check your spam file if you do not receive a confirmation email.)
- Schedule your interview –From the email confirmation (stated above) click the link to schedule your interview. After you schedule your interview, you will get an email from “The Kiva Centers” with a confirmation of your interview date and an email to forward to 2 individuals who can give you a reference. (for more information on who to use as a reference look on left on Tips on references.)(Check your spam file if you do not receive a confirmation email.)
- Forward the “reference email” — to two people who will give you an reference.
for the training.